Thursday, February 7, 2013

Fine motor play

Lately Roman and Brooklyn have been doing school together. I'm finding that Brooklyn is only about a year behind Roman in the fine motor department. So that makes for double the participation when I have craft time on the docket for Roman's schooling. Today was sewing! I found this awesome cardboard set including two shoelaces...it was a though they knew I would need it for each of my children!

I'm so proud of how far Roman has come with his fine motor skills. God has surely been doing a great thing in this little boy, teaching him a bit of humility as he has struggled in this area where other kids his age are advanced.

Brooklyn is such a go getter. She wants to do everything Roman does. She is getting better at sharing these days making for only one incident of wanting Roman's guitar cutout. That is success!

I enjoy sitting at the table with them as they play. It gives me the opportunity to experience the emotions (high and low) of my children and better relate to them when I'm disciplining them. I'm not the "sit back and let my kids play in the school room for an hour" kind of mon. I want to play with them. after all, who's behavior do I want them to imitate? Mine, when I say excuse me, may I please have that?, great job!, I need help please, etc. Or their's when they say, mine!, stop!, no!, give it to me!, etc. this way when they do play by themselves, they might remember how God wants them to play.

Here's to more dual schooling!

No comments: