Friday, November 21, 2008

How do you like them apples!



So I ordered 40lbs of apples...Why you ask? I don't think I realized how many apples were in 40lbs. My intentions were to have enough apples to make applesauce to hand out during the Christmas and to make a few apple pies. Well, I have more apples than I know what to do with. I'm beginning the apple sauce today, but I have a feeling I'm going to be bonding with my pressure cooker and canner all weekend! Seriously, if anyone wants some home-made applesauce...just let me know!

Note to self: Next year...split the 40lb box with a friend!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm sure Alex would love a jar of your homemade applesauce, Lynn! She's become quite an applesauce gobbler lately. ;-)

Melissa said...

LOL! 40lbs! that's awesome

Eunice said...

Well, I do use applesauce for my 80 calorie brownie recipe (or Jenna's recipe, rather). So, if you happen to have extra applesauce I'll gladly take it off your hands :o)